Dishwasher drain/disposal issue.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Dishwasher drain/disposal issue.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Douglas

Hello. All of a sudden, when my dishwasher is washing, it sprays water up through my sink…quite a bit of water! I am new to owning a home and need help but I will try to describe: it appears to me that the hose from the dishwasher is connected to the garbage disposal. so the water is going up through the disposal and spraying out of the drain in the sink. I’m not sure if this means that I have a clog somewhere or if it is a problem with the disposal or with the dishwasher. any advice that you have would be very greatly appreciated.
      Thank you so much!
      chicablanquita88@yahoo.com

Retired plbg1
      Participant

Check and see if Plumber nocked out the plug in disposal all the way and see if hose is up as high as it can go. Let me know, might be something wrong with pump on DW!!!!!

Art retired plbg

CincinnatiPlumbing
      Participant

Dishwasher drain water backing up into your sink is indicative of a clog. Generally these types of clogs are right at the outlet of the garbage disposal. Run some water in the sink and turn on the garbage disposal. With water running, dump about a cup of ice into the disposal. The ice chips will help scour out the disposal and the blades. If this doesnt solve the problem then the clog is on down the line and will most likely need to be professionally augered out.

Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This