Toilet won’t stop running

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet won’t stop running

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Avatar photoCincinnatiPlumbing.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

After my toilet fills up, it will not stop running. It doesn’t run loud like when it is flushing. It sounds like a faucet that is left on a really low stream. I’ve tried flushing it several times to see if it would stop and it keeps doing it. Please help (and keep in mind I’m a girl and a college student )

Participant

It sounds like it is the ballcock. There should be a screw at the top ,ifbthere is turn it clock wise if there is no screw hold the rod on the tank ball with left hand and bend it down with right hand. Might need a new washer in ballcock are the flapper at the bottom of tank might be leaking, take a little egg dye and dump in tank and wait awhile and see if it comes in bowl, if it does you need new flapper, if not then you have to replace ballcock are washer. Send me your e-mail add. and I will send you info. on how to install ballcock. [email protected]

Art retired plbg

Participant

http://www.aubuchonhardware.com/

Go to this web site and it will show you how to ajust the ballcock. Dont send your add.this is what I was going to send you.

Art retired plbg

Participant

It is not the flapper because I did that test last night and I do not have a ballcock in my toilet. I do, however, have a floater that does not like to rise and has to be lifted in order to get the water to shut off. Now when it I raise it, the water doesn’t like to shut off. It doesn’t keep running in the toilet, but it keeps sounding like it’s running. Strange.

Participant

I forgot what the name of ballcock that is you got but you can buy a new washer for that are install a new one.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Install a new Fluidmaster 400A. Less than $10 from the guys in the orange vests.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This