bar sink overflow stopper

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing bar sink overflow stopper

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #277557
      jim brady

      I work in a bar that has regular 3″ (?) basket strainers like a kitchen sink. After a bad overflow last night with damage to the new fancy wine cellar downstairs, I wonder if there is such a thing as a rubber stopper with an overflow tube that would fit this drain. All other bars I have worked have had small drains with the overflow stoppers. Please help. I didn’t do this this time, but I’m surprised I haven’t and still could…

    • #296563
      Retired plbg1

      Maybe if you take a Reg. overflow tube for bar sink and cut out the cross menber in sink. strainner you could maybe fit one of those in. You take an overflow to Plumbing supplyhouse and I think they could fit you up with expansion plug to fit the strainer and ad on pipe to where you wabt it. If I was there by you I would go and buy a expansion test plug with pipe on that would fit the strainner. let me know. You also couls take one of thse flat rubber sink stoppers and cut a 3/4″ hole in it and put piece 3/4″ pvc in it that wouls work too.

      Art retired plbg

    • #296564

      Thanks, good ideas. I wasn’t thinking of the size of the drain pipe, just the opening, The chef is a son of a plumber, I will mention this to him, he could probably rig. I’ll let you know how we do.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This