Lazy flushing Crane toilet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Lazy flushing Crane toilet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’ve got a Crane toilet that has a ‘lazy flush’. It drains completely, but it’s very slow and doesn’t remove the waste. I’ve snaked the toilet, checked the vent, snaked the drain and even propped it up on blocks in my yard and tested it using my hose (same lazy flush there as well), I’ve snaked the toilet both directions, flushed out with my garden hose both directions. I’ve done everything but use dynamite and nothing works. So, I’ve got a couple of questions…

First of all, is my toilet done for?

Second, the toilet is a Crane, the only identifying markings I can find on it are the numbers 1662 on the bowl and 1162 on the tank. I downloaded a tank/bowl matrix from Crane, but neither of these numbers were listed. If necessary, what bowl should I buy as a replacement?

Participant

Before you do any buying try these.
          Take a 5 gal. bucket water dump in bowl and see if it goes down fast, check your water line in tank make sure water is up to line, make sure the 1/4″ hose is in overflow pipe, clean out holes in flushing rim with coat hanger wire, any other holes in bowl make sure they are clean and make sure flapper stays up for complete flush, make sure there is nothing in pipe between bowl and tank. Let me know what happens.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This