What is approach to fix upstairs plumbing leaks?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing What is approach to fix upstairs plumbing leaks?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The 18 year old plumbing to the shower and / or whirlpool tub in the upstair bathroom leaks and is causing ceiling damage downstairs. I’m ready to rip everything out and redo the upstairs bathroom.

What is the best approach to trouble shooting and performing this major project?

Do I need to rip everything out (including the floor) and redo all of the plumbing or is there an easier way.

Many thanks for any ideas here!

[email protected]

Participant

It depends on where fix. go, as long as ceiling is bad you have to get access to pipes so take it down and see where pipes are and go from there. if you change location of fix. then you will have some floor to remove up stairs. Let me know and I will help you with drawing are anything else.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Thanks for the feedback! Do you think the leaks are brass water pipe or PVC drain pipe? What would cause such leaks after 18 years?

Is the popcorn on the ceiling easy to match or will I have to redo the entire ceiling?

Best regards, Mark

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

Amickmt. Why would you try to do it yourself. unless you have not insured yourself?
              If you have insurance – CLAIM, you may have to fix the problem BY A LICENSED PERSON but then you would have a properly done job.
              Bob

Participant

If the leak is going on at all time whether the fixtures are in use or not its PROBABLY a waterline. If it only happens when the fixtures are in use, it could be either/or. The only way to know for certain is to open up the ceiling and investigate. As far as the popcorn ceiling goes, you MIGHT be able to match it up, but it is highly unlikely.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This