bathtub removal and installation

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing bathtub removal and installation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am going to try and remove my old basic bathtub, tiled all around onto masonite and instal a new taller and longer bathtub (I believe there is room and the drain hole is in the same position). Where can I get info on removing tiles and masonite (hopefully to reuse what I can)? and info on how to rebuild the frame and masonite and retile. all the basics. I was hoping to get some sort of step by step guide off the internet.

Participant

First take drain apart in back and bottom, measure new tub and take out tile accordingly slide out old tub and measure tub on wall side from floor under edge and nail 2×4 on studs to support side of tub, it going to be hard to get old tile off without breaking it, I sugest just put design on bottom course. Go to http://www.google.com and ask how to install tub they will have a picture.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Why not just install a tub liner, easier and cheaper, look into it first.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I got web site tells you how to take out tub and reinstall. E- Mail me at [email protected]

Art retired plbg

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This