Double Trapping

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Double Trapping

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I cannot find any reference in NY State plumbing codes that prohibits doubling trapping a fixture or drain…. HELP!!!!!!!!

Participant

Double trapping is prohibited for the reason that it will slow down water-born debri, thus causing a clog. One trap provides the adequate protection from sewer gases emitting into the free atmosphere.

Most common mistake DIY’rs make is installing 2 traps under a sink; not code compliant.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Double trapping will also but most impotantly cause a air lock & will not allow the propper function of the sanitary system!!!
            Bob

Participant

Did the state of New York start using the I-codes? IPC 1002.1. I don’t live in IPC land but it is real easy to look up.

Participant

NYS has adopted the ICC codes, bit are creating enhancements to the codes, As far as double trapping the answer is not unless it is an indirect drain over 2 feet in developed length. (indirect drain would require airgap or air break)

Participant

Why would you double trap on indirect line, you dont need trap on that line at all except one in hub drain.

Art retired plbg

Participant

code call for all indirect waste over 2′ in developed length to have its own trap

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This