Toilet bowl stuck on floor

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet bowl stuck on floor

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’ve removed the 4 brass bolts and razorred off any silastic around the base of my ceramic toilet but it still won’t budge. I’ve removed the seals on the inlet and outlet of the bowl. It is on a tiled wooden 2nd storey floor. I’ve also looked in the holes where the screws were and I can’t see any obvious signs of excess cement or glue. Can anyone help ?

Participant

Get some wood wedges and put under bowl and tap the wedge lightly they could have set it in cement you never know, if you cant get loose that way you might have to break bowl make sure you wear saftey glasses. Let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I forgot to ask why you want to take up bowl.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Thanks. I’m removing the bowl because I can’t replace the seal on the outlet pipe. The offset flange is stuck firmly on the waste pipe coming through the wall, therefore not allowing me to even slide in a new rubber seal.

I’ll try your solution this coming weekend and let you know how it went – ta Chris

Participant

Sounds like you have a wall to floor toilet drain, how do you know there is a offset flange on the pipe. Keep in touch.

Art retired plbg

Participant

When I set a pan down with Silicone I put a large dob on the under side of the trap too ………. your blade would not reach that

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This