Slow filling toliet tank

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Slow filling toliet tank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’m sure this has been asked before, but of course I can’t find it.

Our toliet tank fills very very slowly, or not at all. And it continues to trickle even when we’ve tried to shut the water off at the tank to stop the annoying noise. We don’t know if it’s a problem with the assembly in the tank, or if there’s a problem with the water source. Any suggestions? (The hubby insists it’s not the assembly and doesn’t want to replace it, but I think that’s probably the issue)

Participant

2 things it is either the stop under toilet are the ballcock,the washers could be swelled up , take ballcock apart and check it out, make sure you shut off water, if that is ok then work on stop under toilet, is it turned on all the way, if washer is swelled then that will resrict the water, let me know,

Art retired plbg

Participant

Art’s reply about it being usually just 2 things is right on, as usual
            Just wanted to add that if your tank has the ballcock type fill valve, you may want to replace it anyway, they are quite troublesome as they get older and I always rip em out and replace them with a Fluidmaster valve. It takes at most 10 minutes to do, and the Fluidmaster valves only cost like 10 bucks! The other thing it could be, like Art said, is the angle stop valve, which could be not turned full open or is plugged up with corrosion or whatnot, or perhaps if you have a flex supply line from it to that tank it may be kinked or otherwise restricted. At any rate, without looking at it it’s hard to say, but my assumption would be same as yours, replace the ballcock with a Fluidmaster and I’ll make a bet your slow fill problem will go away.

Participant

Thanks for back up AK. Keep in touch. If I answer wrong on a subject let me know I can bare it.

Participant

Hi Art, and happy new year.
                And if anybody here needs some correction from time to time that would be me!! And I also suspect if anybody is qualified to do any correcting around here it is you my friend.

Participant

I love youse too

Participant

Awww, Stew, I did’nt know you cared…..

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This