Thermoguard potable tubing leak

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Thermoguard potable tubing leak

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #277466
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        I noticed a wet spot and found that one of the nails from the floor molding pierced the tubing. Don’t have a lot of room to work, and would like to mend pipe if at all possible. Is there any way to mend the pipe? Do I need to cut the pipe to mend it? I shut the water off coming into the house until I can get this fixed.



      • #296316
        Avatar photoRetired plbg1

          If it is copper then you should cut out a piece and use 2 sleeves to replaced the new pipe.

          Art retired plbg

        • #296317
          Avatar photoRetired plbg1

            If that is like pex tubing they should make some fitting to repair it, ask your Plumber. Disreguard the first answer.

            Art retired plbg

          • #296318
            Avatar photoAKPlumber

              Like Art said, if it’s plastic tubing like Pex there will be repair couplings available, but you will not be able generally to repair it yourself unless you also rent a special crimping tool, there are mainly 2 types of these according to which kind of Pex you have, one kind uses a metal ring over the fittings that the tool crimps down on. These can be obtained usually for rent in any Lowe’s or HD, along with the couplings.

          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

          Pin It on Pinterest

          Share This