no cold water from cold water faucet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing no cold water from cold water faucet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

All of a sudden this evening the cold water faucet in the 1/2 bath has no water coming out of the faucet (hot water faucet works fine) & the toilet in that room won’t flush. The cold water does work in the kitchen and the other bathroom. What could be causing this?
        Thanks!

Participant

Do you have seperate valve for cw, are the areaters on faucet dirty, are do you have loose washer in faucet, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Hello Art I do have a separate cold water valve under the sink. It is connected upwards to the faucet with a narrow stiff pipe. A friend of mine told me to undo the nut next to the valve and disconnect the pipe, but being a stiff pipe, I’ve been unable to do that. I suspect the problem isn’t the faucet since there is literally no cold water coming into that bathroom–either via the cold water faucet, into the washing machine or to fill the toilet bowl.
            Thank you!

Participant

I’m all set. The plumber had been here the day before changing the Backflow Preventer. He turned off the cold water & forget to turn it back on. He has sheepishly corrected his error. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This