Toilet Refill Issues

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet Refill Issues

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

When I flush my toilet it flushes fine. However, it sounds like it’s refilling, but no water is entering the tank. I’ve checked to make sure the water is turned on and it is but it still won’t fill. Can someone please tell me what might be the cause and what I need to do to fix the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Participant

Did you lift up tank lid and see if water is comming into tank, it sounds like your Tank Flapper is open and letting water in and going out. Check it out and let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

There is no water going into the tank.

Participant

Take the pipe loose under tank and see if you got water there, if so then your ballcock is bad replace it, if not then it sounds like your stop valve is bad are the washer came off, check it out let me know. You also could not be getting water to that line on kind of valve shut off in house leading to there.

Art retired plbg

Participant

You said when I flush the tank it works fine where do you get water at.

Participant

I have to hand fill the tank to at least make the toilet usable.

Participant

Sounds like your float mechanism is stuck in the up position and not letting water come in.Could also be the waterflow adjustment screw on the ballcock needs adjusted.

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 21 October 2004

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This