rheem water heater power venting

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing rheem water heater power venting

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a Rheem water heater with a power vent and am having difficulty venting the unit properly. The 2″ opening has an adapter to 3″ pipe immediately above the power vent than rises approx. 2 feet to a 90 deg. elbow than aprox. 3 ft later has a 90 and a 45 to run between the floor joists and a straight shot of 30 feet to the rear of my house. I know it’s in the venting setup. Also can basement floor drains be plugged and sealed permanently because during heavy rains we can get alot of drain water backing up thru them. Thanks for your help.

Participant

What exactly is the unit doing,,,,nd check with the manufacturer for limits of how far the piping can travel minus the # of feet deductions for each turn of direction.

If you have the drains properly cleaned, you shouldn’t have the problems with the drains as you describe.

Participant

In the fl. drain you can buy a backwater valve that fits inside the pipe and you tighten it and it has a little check valve built in, I got them on my sewer and they work ok.

Participant

http://www.keidel.com/mech/floodguard.htm
              Check out sthis site click on backwater valves.

Participant

Geez man – think you better get a qualified gasfitter to undertake that power flue of yours – from your description I reckon it will never work.

I ain’t about to give anyone instructions on how to install a power vented flue for health and safety reasons.

Don’t muck about with gas appliances get a qualified gasfitter to do the work – that way you can rest easy knowing it is done properly and safely.

Selgas Services Ltd
                Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This