Replumbing House

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Replumbing House

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have an older Florida home and the gal. pipe is quickly closing up leaving me with low water pressure. I have put 3/4 pvc from the street to my utility room but haven’t connected it yet. Used cpvc coming into the house. Since hurricane Charlie blew part of my roof off I now have an opportunity to run some pipe easily through the ceiling. My question is: what is the best way to route the piping for maximum pressure at each fixture. I have 2 baths / showers. I have read about using manifolds and 3/8 px (?) pipe but would rather stick with copper. Is there a manifold system for copper. Would this really work to minimize pressure changes when more than one appliance is used? Thanks.

Participant

There would be no point to run copper in separate feeds to a bathroom or any other fixture.

Stick with copper if that is what you have already.

Your pressure problem will be eliminated with any replacement piping you put in there since the old galvanized is closing up.

“Your best interest is secured by making the right decisions the first time.”

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 24 August 2004

Participant

Run 3/4 copper to second last fixture and 1/2″ to last one. Anchor down real good every 6′ and put air chambers on each fixture drop. Also you might have to insulate the pipe too depends on the humidty.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This