bathroom layout

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing bathroom layout

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

When considering the floor plan for a small 1/2 bath
        toilet and sink what minimum dimensions must be followed .
        From wall and fixture to fixture to meet code?

Participant

15″ off the center of flange to wall minimum.

Vanity has only height dimensions that I am aware of.

Maybe someone will chime in on this one.

“Your best interest is secured by making the right decisions the first time.”

Participant

What are the demensions. Like Dunbar said you can go 30″ 36″ are what you want for toilet but not less then 30″ In your case use 30 or 36 ” for toilet and what ever you got left use for lav.[img]null[/img]

Participant

The Homeowner decided that 18″ from wall left ample room to center pedistal sink and have uniform look.
              The Plumber had Drilled a Hole at 15″ and that is what prompted the inquirey.
              This homeowner and I live on the same Street and I,m roughing out the A/c work so I,m close by when he need Suggestions or answers and this forum is very helpful.
              I,m sur I will be asking you pro,s more before this project is completed(3,500 sq ft house)

Participant

Besides the 15″ minimum offset from the center of the toilet bowl to the walls (or any other obstruction) on either side, there is a minimum clearance from the front edge of the bowl of 24″ (UPC) and 21″ (IRC). For the lav, 21″ clearance from the front edge is required (IRC/the UPC is mute).

NtP

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This