Four flusher or Swirley

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Four flusher or Swirley

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Helo boys,i have a CRANE Neuday toilet. and for years when I flushed, it would squirt water out a nozzel in the back of the bowl causing the toilet to flush, refill, flush, refill, flush, refill. Three flushes. In the old days in a Gene Autry movie the bad guy was called a “two bit four flusher”. I didn’t know what that meant till I saw this toilet. I never saw it flush four times, but it flushes three. Then one day i flushed it and instead of three flushes it ejected water from under the left rim causing the water to SWIRL round and round washing the whole bowl like a tornado. For a year or so the toilet flushed with the Swirleys. It was great. Then the other day, no more swirleys but three flushes. The holes under the left rim are not plugged, the stopper lifts up when you push the handle then it floats down on a rod in a guide eyelet. I don’t understand how the toilet can switch from three flusher to the Swirleys and back again. Can you explain how it works? I would prefer the Swirleys. Thanks, Rr

Participant

Sounds like a restriction in the flush valve assembly, causing the water climb up into the overflow tube and cycle water back into the tank.

I would remove the flush valve flapper and inspect to see if there is something wrong with the opening to the flush valve.

“Your best interest is secured by making the right decisions the first time.”

Participant

Thanks dunbar, Why do you suppose the method of flush changes from time to time from a Three flusher to the Swirleys?

Participant

That, I don’t know. Sounds odd but I can’t visually inspect your situation to see if there are other parameters causing the problem.

“Your best interest is secured by making the right decisions the first time.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This