P trap for dishwasher?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing P trap for dishwasher?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I removed my old diswasher and found a p trap on the discharge line. I will be moving some plumbing around so do I need to put in another p trap? I should mention that the discharge line is on an end run. The dishwasher is the second to last item in the run before the sink itself which is the last item in the run.

Participant

Yes, you need to replace that P-trap and stand pipe if you are going to keep your dishwasher.

Participant

The uniform plumbing code requires dishwasher drain hoses to run into a dishwasher air gap. The code is there to protect health. A DW airgap fitting provides the only positive prevention of sewage backing up into the dishwasher. P-traps do not prevent this situation.
            The air gap, mounted properly and piped correctly, will provide a truly safe installation.

Participant

Our State Plumbing Code use to require air-gap’s but has been up dated almost like Illinois to permit air-breaks for the dishwasher drain hose and no cases of backflow have been reported since change.

We use to require 2″ vents for water closets but we up dated to permit 1 1/2″ for two water closets. Does UPC Code still require 2″?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This