Roofing material

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Roofing material

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am planning to build soon and would like a curved steel roof on my new house. That is to say that there would be no”peak” and no ridge capping on a house with gable ends.All sheete will be the same.Roofing material will be zincalum steel with the “corrugated” profile.Is this possible/common and how expensive will it be?Thanx from [email protected] [email protected]

Participant

Can’t see how you would jave a problem with your idea for your new roof after all barns etc have been built that way for many many years and don’t give any problems.
          As to costs it should work out a little cheaper than a conventional roof whereby one would have to fit ridging flashings.
          Hope this helps.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Pete,
            to fit a curved ridge & straight sheets each side is a extremely time consuming job to get the shhets to corrigate, The curving costs are around $8.00/sheet, & curving iron is three times the cost of normal custom orb.
            This procedure is not cheaper, in fact when quoting it is about double the labour costs.
            However when done by a professional, it looks good & will give a better weatherproofing.
            I would not suggest that a leyman attempt the procedure unless they were working with a professional skilled in curved roofing.
            Bob

Participant

Bob

Heck I must have been assuming that most everyone had a set of rollers and a pan break – seems like we do down here anyways – ahhhhh well if they are not commonplace where this fella is then perhaps he better go get some prices from them what do have em. In that case I would tend to agree with you regarding the prices.

Selgas Services Ltd
              Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This