copper pipe schedules

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing copper pipe schedules

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I’m going to run new supply and sanitary lines under a slab. What schedule of copper do I use for the supply and what schedule pvc for the drain (this will be for a slop sink and washing machine) the run will be about 30 ft. how much pitch do I need for the drain?

Participant

Use Sch. 40 pvc for drain lines, use type K soft copper underground and loop it back and forth so you do not have any joints under slab, if you have joints use hard solder like silfuss.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I forgot when you come through con. Floor put armor flex pipe insulation on pipe comming out of slab before they poor con.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Thanks, R.P. not quite sure what you mean by looping back and forth though. Also what pitch should the drain line be?
              Larry

Participant

Pitch can be 1/8″ per ft. of pipe + or – usualy about 1″ per 10 ft. of pipe, if you are deep you can give it a 1/4″ per. ft. What I meant about looping pipe is like say you are running pipe to sink straight ahead and there is a Lav. before you get to sink well instead of putting a tee in line and run pipe to lav. you run a seperate pipe to lav and sink. Say you had 3 fix. to run cw too, well where your source is you start and run 1 line to each fix an connect the 3 lines and then connect to the source. If you send me your e-mail add. i will draw it up for you.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Thanks again, no need to draw it up.
                  Larry

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This