Autocirc Instant Hot Water

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Autocirc Instant Hot Water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Has anyone had any experience with the Laing Autocirc hot water pump. I was wondering how well it works and if they had any problems with it?

Thanks
        Jim

Participant

I have one at our home.
          I am a plumbing contractor and have had quite a few installations. Pump mounts under the farthest sink. Req. power and some room under the sink
          1. A single line recirc sys. pumps the hot water back through the cold side until the onboard thermostat trips off. Result is that the cold tap becomes contaminated with hot water, making it unpleasant for washing thigs like, say, lettuce. In our home, it also is piped such that the warmed cold line then feeds the water filter, making for undesireable, preheated cold water.
          2. The built in auto/thermostatic shutoff feature causes a ‘clunk’ when it shuts off. I added water hammer arrestors to both hot and cold lines but still get a soft clunk.
          3. Added an air switch so we can run the pump only when desired, so that makes it work.
          Customers have complained of hot water on the cold side, while trying to brush teeth…not good.

» This message has been edited by breplum on 14 March 2004

Participant

I have one at our home.
            I am a plumbing contractor and have had quite a few installations. Pump mounts under the farthest sink. Req. power and some room under the sink
            1. A single line recirc sys. pumps the hot water back through the cold side until the onboard thermostat trips off. Result is that the cold tap becomes contaminated with hot water, making it unpleasant for washing thigs like, say, lettuce. In our home, it also is piped such that the warmed cold line then feeds the water filter, making for undesireable, preheated cold water.
            2. The built in auto/thermostatic shutoff feature causes a ‘clunk’ when it shuts off. I added water hammer arrestors to both hot and cold lines but still get a soft clunk.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This