PVC Nightmares

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing PVC Nightmares

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Here’s the story-
        I installed a disposal in a double basin sink to find that the disposal outlet was at the same height as the exit drain. (I’m not a professional so bear with me on any termenology) This has led to backups in the other basin, improper fitting PVC and leaks. If I take the basin and the disposal down below the exit drain, join them with a tee joint and then have it go back up to the exit drain am I in for more trouble? Every help topic on every website I’ve seen has the drain going through the floor or lower than the disposal output. HELP!!

Participant

Your situation will only get worse if you run this drain uphill.

You need to either put in a shallow double bowl sink, or open the wall to lower the drain pipe opening in the wall.

The elevation your pipe is at now will have water standing in the disposal and eventually the disposal will prematurely break.

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 22 February 2004

Participant

My garbage disposal vibration causes PVC “utrap” to come unscrewed. After the flood…I now have to periodically remember to tighten it.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

COCACOLA. Things are obviously going to get worse. With the onset of age you will not only forget to tighten the nut but you will also forget to turn the tap off when using the muncher.
              The best advice is to scrap the muncher. Save water & stop the leak. Before you forget!!
              Bob

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This