Hot water going “ice cold”

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hot water going “ice cold”

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My hot water goes out in literally 6 min when I take a shower! Someone told me that it be either that 1) my lower element or 2) a “dip tube” How can I corrrect this problems

Participant

Turn off EL, drain water and take CW side apart and pull out dip tube, if it is to long you will have to take HW apart and lean tank over to get tube out. The lower el. you need a 1-5/8″ socket are maybe bigger are smaller to take it out, if you dont have tools you might get a Lic. Plumber to do it.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Could be a faulty element or thermostat. Alternatively, are you sure you are not draining the water heater? Check the flow rate of the shower if it is too high install a flow regulator or replace the showerhead with a watersaving one.

Participant

Also the bottom of tank could be full of sediment. Turn off EL, drain tank take out lower EL. and see if it is got sediment in if so loosen it up in tank and take piece of 3/4″ pvc pipe about 18″ long and use a wet vac and suck it out check element see if it is good.

Participant

Is the problem isolated to the shower or the entire hot water system?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This