sink leaking HELP!!!!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing sink leaking HELP!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have pvc drain in the kitchen and right at the top of the “S” trap there is a gap and it is leaking I have the plastic washer but there is still a gap. What am I doing wrong???

this is what my pipes look like:
        web page

» This message has been edited by ladiebug120 on 30 January 2004

Participant

Check that the rubber “O” ring that forms the seal is still intact and has not been kinked or crushed out of shape preventing the seal being made water tight.
          Do not overtighten the plastic locking nut as you can crack the base of it and also cause a leak.
          Also check that there is no grit or rubbish stuck anywhere on the large rubber seal washer that slides up and down the pipe itself and is sealed with the locking nut.
          If the leak is above the plastic pipe where it fits onto the sink outlet waste then it is likely that the sink waste is not sealed into the sink properly – remove same and apply a bead of silocane sealant to the underside of the sink waste recess in the sink then refit the waste outlet and tighten up sufficiently to squeeze out surplus sealant.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

undo the top nut, then undo the bottom nut. Slide the trap up the pipe until there is no gap at the top. Then do up all the nuts and the problem is fixed.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.

Participant

The vibration of my garbage disposal causes one of the joints to come undone. I have to periodically grab the pvc “nut” and twist it clockwise till I feel resistance and then STOP twisting.

Participant

That piece that slips when disposal is running take nut loose get some PVC glue and cleaner and glue in a couple of spots and let dry and put nut back, should help.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This