Moving sink over 1 foot

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Moving sink over 1 foot

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #277156
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        I am remodelling the kitchen…looking much better now But I have run into an issue with installing a new sink. 53 yr old house with iron or steel drain pipes and iron or steel (not quite sure how to tell the difference) supply pipes.

        I need to move the supply pipes over about one foot for the new cabinet spacing. The drain pipe is current angled at about 45 degrees to the left, I need it 45 degrees to the right. I am assuming I can replace the P-trap with PVC, and fit it onto the existing CI with a rubber gasket? but do I just cut the existing CI where I need to? best location for this?

        and the supply pipes — do CI and GS pipes disassemble easily? or should I just cut? how do I attach copper to the existing CI or GS the best?

        Thanks is advance…you guys are great

      • #295559
        Avatar photoRetired plbg1

          Take a sawsall and cut CI above and below tee and take out pipe and replce it with material you want and use 2 nohub couplings to put it back, some codes call for using same material you take out put back. As for as the water pipe cut it off below floor and use dilectric unions and come up in new place. I forgot are they comming out of wall are through fl. If out of wall just use dilectric unions and cppper, put on stops and con. to faucet.

      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

      Pin It on Pinterest

      Share This