Adding a bath

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Adding a bath

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am planning on adding a bath and need to know how far away from the main stack can I place the toilet. The plan is about 9 ft away. I have enough room for the 1/4″ per foot, but is 9ft too far. Also, will I need to add a separate vent close to the new toilet so that the new toilet flushes correctly. Second, for the sink/shower drains: Can I tie in to a washing machine drain directly under the new bathroom. The washing machine has a trap on it and I would tie into the drain line after the trap (downhill).

Participant

I don’t understand if there is a question about the 9 feet for the toilet; they require in my state a vent no farther than 3’6″ from the water closet flange.

You can tie into the washing machine drain only if you are NOT washing a vent.

Check with the local codes in your area to see what is enforced.

That is what really counts is your local jurisdiction.

Participant

Even if your code says 6′ are more I would put a 2″ vent on the toilet. If your washing machine drain has a vent on it connect below the tee, if it has no vent then vent it and connect below tee, best is to check your local code.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This