Shower drain cemented onto floor

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Shower drain cemented onto floor

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

3 years ago we had a leaky shower repaired. The tradesman said the floor tiles were loose so we agreed to have the floor relaid and then coated with their stop-leak product. Now we discover the shower is leaking again. I went to clean out the drain only to discover that the star pattern cover had been permanently cemented to the floor. The company is not forthcoming about fixing the drain (even though they have a 12 year anti-leak guarantee) only resealing the surface. What I would like to know, is it a mandatory regulation to have a drain that can be accessed? Maybe I can use industry regulations to force the company to fix my problem!

Participant

Best to check with your local Plumbing Inspector as different rules and regulations apply to different States.
          A phone call should be all that is needed.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Yes and No. Depends on the inspector and how lucky you are to get someone there to say just that.

Most drains have a degree of difficulty of getting access to.

Example; back to back tub and showers with finished lower level.

That, is a tuff one.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

Vickie, What Peter (who happens to be the Chairperson of the Sheep herders Association) means is Where on Earth do you come from, This is an International Forum, if you filled in your Profile we could help.
              Bob

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This