Bits of white stuff coming out of water heater

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Bits of white stuff coming out of water heater

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

There appears to be bits of white plastic coming out of my hot water heater. I have a gas heater. Someone told me its calcium deposits and that my anode wasn’t working properly. Anyone have any inputs.

Participant

It might also be the plastic dip tube. Have the unit checked before you have just a few minutes of hot water.

Participant

If it is Plastic that is coming out then it will not be calcium deposits!!!!!!!!!!!.
            Plastic is more likely to be the result of a dip tube breaking away as you have already been told by Harold.

If it is calcium deposits it is the result of hard water being heated when the calcium sparates from the water and deposits itself to the water pipe interiors etc.
            The only way to prevent calcium from doing this is to install a water softener.

Hope this helps

Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Thanks guys. I didn’t even know such a thing existed. I looked it up on the net and that looks like the problem.

Participant

Yer welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Selgas Services Ltd
                Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This