Toilet tank noise

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet tank noise

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I installed all new components in my toilet tank using a Fluidmaster kit. Now to try to explain the problem…
        About every couple of minutes, the refill tube sends water into the overflow pipe for about one or two seconds. I’ve watched what is going on in the tank and can’t seem to see a problem. I do however sometimes hear a hissing-type noise from the valve top, but not always. PLEASE HELP! THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Participant

Sounds like you are loosing water out through your flapper. Take some egg dye and put in tank and see if it comes in the bowl (Dont Flush) if so then your flapper is leaking.

Participant

Make sure that you do not have high water pressure also and make sure that the refill tube that sends water into the overflow tube is not too far down inside that tube; this will cause siphonage from the fill valve and will continue to send water into overflow…..should be no more than a inch down into overflow tube.

I would first check the flapper with dye like Retired Plumber stated.

Participant

My refill tube is positioned above the overflow tube. Is that a problem? Also, should the refill tube have bends in it, or should it only be long enough to reach the overflow tube.. or does it matter?
              I will try the dye technique, although it is a new system and should be working. Also, I don’t hear any leakage.. but I’ll try. Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This