new plumbing.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing new plumbing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am doing some remod. I removed an old lead toilet flange connected to a cast iron Tee. The flange had two sink connections kind of welded or patched in. Now I want to use pvc. How do I connect the two sink fittings to the toilet flange like the lead connections were. I don’t have a vent issue at the sinks and I can’t connect the sink drains directly to the cast iron. The Toilet is close to the cast iron and I have about a 1 to 1.5 foot of space for any tee or plus connections. Is this possible to do?

Participant

You are going to have to cut into the cast-iron system and replace the tee and or the closet bend with a hubless bend or tee with side inlets. To these inlets you may connect your sink drains via hubless/Fernco connectors. It can be done, but it requires the right tools and fittings.

NtP

Participant

First thing is that the pipe is lead and those are joints are wiped solder joints. They do not allow you to connect into the toilet bend like that any more. You will have to take out T and replace with new Nohub tee with 2 side inlets are a nohub tee and double y below. You cant bend the lead to fit either one of the fittings because you will kink it, and our code does not allow you to use a nohub band on lead, you have to have a ferrel on the end, and if you try to do the job and cut out tee your stack might come down, it has to be supported and also you need a permit for that job taken out by Lic. Plumber, check your local code.

Art retired plbg

Participant

if you try to do the job and cut out tee your stack might come down, it has to be supported and also you need a permit for that job taken out by Lic. Plumber, check your local code.

Good point by RP, and I forget to mention it. You WILL need to make sure the stack is supported so that it doesn’t come crashing down when you cut out the tee. They make special riser clamps for this purpose.

NtP

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This