Gilbarco 230B-1A oil-fired hot water tank…how old & any good?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Gilbarco 230B-1A oil-fired hot water tank…how old & any good?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

At least ten years old. Suspect it may be a commercial grade unit, but would it be wise to install in a residence considering the age of the unit? If it is SS or Everdur tank it will last almost forever, right? Any input appreciated. Thank you!

Participant

I have been told that stainless can be deteriorated by certain acidity levels and the most vulnerable part of stainless is where it is welded together.

I wanted to build an all stainless steel water heater someday and I got shot down on my idea. It just seems hard to believe it cannot be done.

Participant

Commercial; grade units are usualy made to much higher standards than residential. Consult the local code official.

High efficeincy stainless steel gas water heaters have been on the market now for 20 years. http://www.americanwaterheater.com/proline/WHBrowser/PDF/commercial/lce30.pdf

Many indirect-fired water heaters, Superstor being one of the earliest, are available.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This