shower leak

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing shower leak

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve got a problem with my tub/shower. A small to medium amount of water is comming out of my shower head even when the little thingey is not pulled up on the tub fill. I hope this is an easy fix. How do I do it?

Participant

Sounds like the diverter on the tub spout is not full open when in operation for tub only position. Replacement of tub spout is inexpensive at most.

If this is a three handle faucet with diverter in the middle, then pull out diverter stem and check the seat washer and seat for defect.

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 30 September 2003

Participant

I checked the pull-up diverter on the tub spout. It seems to be functioning fine. I have realized that when you first trun on the tub things seem to function fine. Its only after you run the shower, then push down (disengage) the diverter that water still comes out of the shower head. None of my other showers do this and they all have the exact same hardware. What the ??????? is going on?

Participant

Has this fct. always functioned like you explained ,bty did you have your gas line installed .

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This