damaged flange

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing damaged flange

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a toilet that was getting mold around the base so this weekend I disassembled the toilet and found the flange was pulled up on two sides. It appears the previous owner had tightened the retainer bolts along the bottom of the toilet too much, causing the flange to warp and the wax seal to leak. The problem I have is I can’t remove the flange. I have a tile floor in the bathroom and it appears the flange is set in an opening cut in the tile and there is some mortar along its edge. I used a screwdriver to break away the mortar but I still can’t get the flange out.
        Can someone tell me how it mounts or connects to the pipe? Does it screw onto the pipe or slip on?
        Thanks in advance for the help.

Participant

It depends on what kind of pipe you have.Cast iron could be caulk or nohub band. PVC is glued and also ABS is glued, iron pipe is screwed on. They make a repair flange to fix that so go to Plumbing supplyhouse are box store and tell them what you have there. The way you said about flange means that it is too low. The flange should be set on finish floor.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This