Leak from tile ledge

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leak from tile ledge

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

We recently installed a skirted whirlpool bath that we also use for showering. The alcove is bigger than the tub, so the unit sits flush against the left wall for proximity to controls/faucet/showerhead. Along the back and right walls, our contractor built a marble tile ledge, ostensibly for aesthetic purposes and to fill in the extra space. It looks fabulous, but when the shower is running, water puddles along the ledge, and drains down the front right side of the alcove on to the floor. I’ve see the plastic wedges that can be glued to the corner to alleviate this, but really do not want to spoil the look of my new bathroom with a cheap piece of plastic (even if it’s effective!). Short of getting mad at my contractor for a poor design, do I have any other options to divert the water back into the tub? Can something be built with tile to achieve the same result? Help!

Participant

Have the contractor make those designs of plastic angles out of marble/granite.

This would match into the design of the area.

If you accepted the design during the construction process, this doesn’t weigh completely on the sole responsibility of the contractor. It should of been considered by both parties the potential for this to happen if the situation is above and beyond a normal install.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This