toilet not flushing completely

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing toilet not flushing completely

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Does not appear to be a stoppage. have used auger and also snaked main for good measure. Have made sure that water level in tank is correct. Can dump a pail of water in bowl and looks like it flushes fine with some paper in bowl.
        There are only the 2 of us in the family and have not dropped anything in the toilet to get trapped in the trap.
        Pulled toilet and used mirror to look into trap and it looks fine. toilet was installed in ’88, Kohler 4519.
        got on roof and looked at vent, did not see anything, but did not snake or use a hose to see if anything did get trapped in the vent.
        any ideas what else i can look at without replacing the toilet.
        (by the by, the sink and tub drain fine and do not get any air bubbles or gurgling in toilet when draining the tub/sink….. I know just enough to be the guy you don’t want to come and fix what I thought I could fix!)
        thanks

Participant

Is the fill valve feed tube to overflow sending the proper amount of water into overflow tube to replenish water in bowl after flush?

Participant

can’t be sure, dont’ know what the proper amount would be for the overflow, but when I hold the hose up and let it hit in the tank, the tank sures fills up a lot faster.
            thanks for your reply

Participant

Cleanout the holes on the under side of the bowl flush ring.Sometimes they get plugged.Use a coat hanger or piece of wire.Also check hole in bottom of bowl.

» This message has been edited by racefanone on 11 September 2003

Participant

Is there anything between tank and bowl in the flush valve hole. Does your flapper stay up long enough to complete flush, try holing it up and see if it works.

Art retired plbg

Participant

racefanone and Retired plbg
                  will check and do, thanks
                  will let you know

Participant

It is good that you checked the bowl to make sure it’s clear. Now snake the drain line and vent. I guess you said you did that…If the bowl flushes well with a pail of water dumped in, then you may not be delivering enough water from the tank when you flush the bowl. Make sure that your tank fills up to the water fill line (by adjusting the float valve) and make sure your tank flapper/ball valve stays open long enough to run a good flush volume from the tank through the bowl. If evefrything is as it should be, your toilet should flush fine.

NtP

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This