dime in garbage disposal

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing dime in garbage disposal

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I dropped a dime in garbage disposal…my luck the dime landed in the gap at the bottom outside edge of the disposal & seems to be lodged in there, I’ve tried numerous things to get it out but no luck. This gap pretty much goes all the way around the bottome outside edge of disposal. I haven’t dared turn the disposal on cuz’ I am afraid that it would jam up or do more damage. Any suggestions??? HELP!!!!

Participant

Best suggestion would be to disconnect disposal from sink, disconnect drain line (s) from unit and turn upside down on sink base to unlodge dime. Or turn it sideways with the electric off and attempt to pull out with needle nose pliers.

Participant

You should do as Dunbar suggests and remove the garbage grinder to work on it. All of these contraptions come with an Allen wrench that fits into the exposed rotor shaft at the bottom of the unit…this is so you can turn the thing manually when it gets jammed. You may be able to free up the dime by cranking the shaft back and forth.

NtP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This