Failure of American Standard Toilet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Failure of American Standard Toilet

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am an attorney in Dallas, TX and represent a plumbing company that is experiencing problems with a toilet manufactured by American Standard. Specifically, the nut provided for installation is cracking and the result is leaking/flooding depending on how quickly discovered.

Are any other plumbers experiencing similar problems with the nut cracking on American Standard toilets.

thanks

Participant

I am assuming we are talking about the supply nut for the toilet where water line connects to or the nut that holds flush valve assembly to tank?

Participant

Dunbar:

Yes, thanks for the clarification.

Participant

Dont use there nuts if you know they are bad, buy some different ones.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I will bet that the nut you refer to is made of plastic, as is the male threaded float valve assembly. In the old days these were made of brass. There is nothing wrong with the newer plastic designs, except that they are very sensitive to over-tightening during installation. I’m sure that American Standard’s installation instructions caution against over-tightening, and probably most of the leaks you refer to are due to faulty installation. If AS didn’t provide such a caution in their instructions, you may have a case.

NtP

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This