Moen Single-Handle Shower Valve

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Moen Single-Handle Shower Valve

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am trying to replace an old Moen single-handle replacement cartridge (#1225) in my shower. After I have removed the retainer clip, I attempt to rotate the old cartridge 1/4 turn, left-to-right, using the “white plastic tool”, which was included in the new cartridge kit. My problem is that the old cartridge will not turn, even after significant pressure using pliers. If I increase the pressure, I am afraid I will strip or break the white plastic tool provided. My guess is that there is trash of some sort (perhaps a rubber piece of the old cartridge) prohibiting me from rotating the cartridge. Can anybody offer suggestions in how to get this old cartridge removed? Thanks for your help.

Participant

Sometimes the cartridge can be a bear to remove.Moen has a steel cartridge removing tool that you might have to purchase.Check with a plumbing shop.Even with the tool it can be a pain.What usually happens is you end up pulling the stem out of the cartridge and then you got a problem.Might have to call a plumber.I have actually had to heat up the faucet body to remove a frozen cartridge.Good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This