Waterfall HELP!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Waterfall HELP!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I went out this morning to get the Sunday paper and I came back hoe to hear water running in the bathroom. I thought I left the faucet on only to find the toilet overflowing from the tank. I have had the same toilet for the past 16 years. is it time for a new toilet?

I have the rubber closer held up by a hairpin and the toliet is now making a noise. How long can I keep it like this. Can I run out to Home Depot, etc without coming back to a flood? Thank god I live on the first floor so no one lives underneath me.

HELP!

Sagbabe

Participant

A hairpin is not a good choice, a coat hanger would be much better but… shut off the water to the toilet. There may be a shut off under the tank on the feed line. If not shut off the main valve to the house/apartment.

The problem is not the toilet, it is the drain, or sewer, line from the toilet that is blocked. Unless the trap of the toilet is blocked.

If there is a bathroom or sinks, showers, tubs above you, they may be/should be blocked also.

You need a plumber that does sewer line blockage work.

Gary
          Quality Water Associates

Participant

What you need to do is ajust the ballcock are replace it and ajust the flapper.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This