water well troubleshooting

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water well troubleshooting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I lost pressure in im welll water pump. I got pressure back but keep losing it. The pump seems to be working, it just takes forever for the pressure to build back up and then as soon as I run water again I lose the pressure again. I have a bladder tank. Do I need to pressurize it? Or maybe the switch needs replaced? Thanks for any help you can give me. [email protected]

Participant

Turn on the water and watch the pressure gauge. Note the pressure the pump turn on and off at. It should be a 20# difference I.E 30/50 psi.

Check the air pressure in the tank wit hno water in the tank. It should be 1-2 psi less than the pressure setting to turn on the pump. I. E. 29-28 psi for 30 psi cut-in. If not adjust as needed.

If you don’t have a captive air precharged tank, drain your tank and then refill it. If you have an automatic air volume control on the tank search web on http://www.google.com for AVC + “pressure tank” exactly like that and read about them.

If your pump can’t produce the pressure to shut itself off, you have a leak somewhere or the pump needs to be checked out electrically.

Gary
          Quality Water Associates

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This