connecting pipes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing connecting pipes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

i would like to know the best way to change a tap over with out making to much work for my self. with have old copper pipes that are jointed and we wish to know if we can use push fit fittings on them once we disconect the old tap pipes and if so which is the best way to do so? and oe the bending connection push fit pipes o.k since we have to bend them?[email] [email protected][/email]

Participant

They will work but you better check with your Plumbing Inspecter and see if they are in your code. They are expensive, but I would not trust them. I heard of them blowing apart.

Art retired plbg

Participant

As RP says, these sorts of tap fitting are available (some are saddle type with a pin that punctures the supply line and others are compression type that requires cutting into the pipe). I agree that both types are prone to leaks, especially if you are splicing into “old” copper lines. I never use these methods, even if they are code-anctioned and often seem to work, because I don’t want to be called back in the middle of the night because of a leak… I prefer to use soldered joints, or flare fittings, or well-connected compression ring fittings (in that order of preference).

NtP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This