Poor Sink Drainage

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Poor Sink Drainage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a drain off the sink in the bathroom that drains slowly. If I just run the water for a very short time it seem to drain fine. I don’t believe it’s blocked. I think it might be a design issue. When I examined the trap area, I found that it connects to a pipe that goes UP at a 45 degree angle into the wall. My guess is that this sink vanity replaced an earlier one which was taller. Is there anything I can connect that can give the water an extra boost by using gravity without buy a pump? And by my discription do you think my guess is correct?

Thanks,

[email protected]

Participant

You might be able to cut off some of the p o plug under the lav.,depending on its length.Years ago you could buy low inlet p traps ,but dont think they are made anymore.The best bet would to lower the drain line coming out of the wall.Might try cleaning out the line or taking off the trap ,could be partily plugged do the reverse grade of the pipe.A pump is not the answer. I would say that your description of the problem is correct.

» This message has been edited by racefanone on 24 July 2003

Participant

Did you take out the PO plug and clean out the hair caught in there. Like you say a little water is okay but a lot it backs up and later gos down.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This