Why does toilet bubble when sink in other room is on?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Why does toilet bubble when sink in other room is on?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Oh this old house….it appeared yesterday that the toilet in our downstairs (basement) bathroom was clogged…he plunged, I plunged…when flushed the water rises all the way to the top…plunging slowly gets the water to go down.

Later I was rinsing out paint brushes in the laundry room sink (next to the problem bathroom) and I heard the toilet gurgling with lovely things starting to come back into the toilet, but then slowly went away….

any ideas? we’re are going to try snaking it today…

thanks!! Lisa

Participant

Your toilet drainline is stopped below floor, take up toilet and cable out pipe are have a Lic. Plumber do it.

Participant

thank you so much…i called yesterday for a plumber and I’m so glad I did after the disaster I found in the downstairs bathroom this morning….didn’t occur to me that every sink, toilet, etc. in the house would affect that one toilet….

he was here for about 3.5 hours and everything is fixed now. it cost a little over $600 but I’m here to tell you it was worth every penny…contrary to what others may think, I don’t think plumbers charge enough for what they have to deal with!!!

thanks again!!

Participant

Frank

Geez thanks I just gotta print and frame your response cause so many folks just hate paying for good service!!

Selgas Services Ltd
              Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

well the next time someone complains about prices, ask them if they’d rather live with the alternative, lol

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This