hot water in cold line

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing hot water in cold line

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

recently I am getting a burst of hot water when the cold is turned on in two (sharing a wall) bathroom faucets. After about three seconds it turns cold. Also, I have a dripping sound, as if water is trickling, inside my water heater. (5year old GE) Also, as if this wasn’t enough, I feel a warm spot on the tile directly in front of one of the sinks (concrete slab). I know its time to call a plumber but I wanted some feedback first. Thanks!

Participant

What fix. is the water mixing on, what kind water heater Gas Or El. warm spot in fl. sounds like leaking hot water pipe. Turn main HW off for awhile and see if fl. gets cool. If you have small thermometer lay it on the hot spot and see if it goes down.

Participant

water heater is gas. The fixture is an old single handle. water supply is copper. thanks.

Participant

Is there a tempering valve installed? Sometimes if the cold supply to the bathroom is taken off at the cold supply to the valve you can get a shot of hot water until the valve senses the change.

Participant

there is no tempering valve, as far as I know. But then again, I wouldn’t know one if I saw it. The trickling sound in the water heater does stop when I turn off the supply line at the valve leading into the water heater.

Participant

If you have two faucets back to back and both on same time well the first one on line will get most of water and the other will get the rest. The water heater sounds like a leak inside where flame goes up.

Participant

I forgot does it do it when only one faucet is being used. Try using one and see. If so then water is bypassing somewhere.

Participant

RP, you crack me up

Participant

Racefanone why dont you answer the question, are can you.

Participant

That should be “or can you” ,not” are can you.”It’s obvious you can’t answer it.I quit answering the questions because I enjoy reading you screwy replies.You need to take basic English 101.Hope you get to read this before it is deleted.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This