HELP> I’m at the end of my drain!!!!!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing HELP> I’m at the end of my drain!!!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am desperate to have help. My kitchen sink will not produce water. I have done all of the ideas that others have given me ie; changing the washers, changing the faucets etc. I was told it was hammer pipe and even tried that fix. All of the other items in the kitchen will work just not the sink.. Please if anyone can help please do so. Thanks in advance. Tammy [email protected]

Participant

I agree with racefanone that hiring a plumber is likely to be your best and cheapest option…mainly because I doubt that you have a serious problem based on your description. However, you are likely to waste a lot of time fiddling around with the plumbing. from what you describe, I’d guess that you have a sink diverter faucet and it is clogged with debris. If you really do want to mess with it, you could disconnect the faucet supply lines from the angle stop shut-off valves, then open the valves to check that there is good hot and cold water flow. That will prove that the problem is in the faucet or its supply lines. If the flow from the shut-off valves is bad, you could try cleaning these valves and replacing any washers. If the flow is still bad, then you have a more serious problem with your house pipes (such as calcified galvanized pipe). Unless you have a lot of your own time to waste and have a high threshold for aggravation, hire a plumber to fix the problem. It shouldn’t cost more than $200-300 if all that is needed is faucet/valve replacement. If the problem requires the replacement of the house pipes, you will have a bigger bill to pay.

NtP

Participant

Hi We had similar problem in UK with imported taps, these had filters in the taps just below the valve mechanism, this was new to me.Removed and cleaned filters and taps worked OKIt must be something simple if all other taps work. Colin

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This