Pilot light on hot water heater

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Pilot light on hot water heater

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

My hot water heater sits next to my furnace. In the winter time, we have a problem of the pilot light going out when the furnace runs. We just had central air conditioning installed, and now that the furnace blower is running again, we are again having this problem with the pilot light going out. I am sure that the furnace blower is having a direct result on the pilot light going out. What can I do to prevent this? Any information will be certainly appreciated. Thanks

Participant

Two point possibly:
          1. Have an expert check the pipesizing feeding the gas supply to both appliances and at the same time have the pressure settings checked – it is possible that an undersized/underpressured installation can cause this problem.
          2. Introduce a source of free air to the room in which these machines are installed to prevent the combustion fan from “sucking out” the pilot light on the water heater when it is running.
          Personally I would get the services of a proper gas expert to come check it out – it all sounds a little weird. Better not to muck with it yourself get an expert involved – a little money spent now will prevent a disaster in the future.
          Remember: Don’t muck with gas appliances and the result of someone not qualified to play with them often leads to a dangerous situation for all concerned.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This