Toilet conversion

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet conversion

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #276656

      I’m removing a toilet I have in a storage room and want to convert that drain to one for use with a sink. I’ve removed the toilet and see the closet flange, but I’m not sure how to remove it. The flange appears to be made of rubber and I’m guessing the sewer pipe is cast iron. The house was built in 1967 if that helps. Any ideas on how to remove it? I haven’t tried anything yet, justing trying to get some ideas on how to proceed. Thanx!

    • #294546
      Retired plbg1

      Sounds like a rubber gasket, take it off and see, what kind of sink do you plan to install, you cant just pipe to that openning and say it is legal its not, it has to be vented and installed to code, why cant you go into the wall and connect a sink right. Let me know what kind of sink you have.

    • #294547
      Shade Tree

      The toilet is in the way of a work bench I’m building, so I’m either going to cap off the drain or use it as the drain for a sink. I guess I don’t know enough about plumbing to know I need a vent. I’m sure I could install a vent in the wall if I knew where to put it, but my house is on a concrete slab, so there is no other way to provide for another drain.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This