Puddles in cupboard

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Puddles in cupboard

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We have moved into a new house and for some reason we are getting puddles of water in the cupboard under the sink, there do not appear to be any leaks and I have wrapped the pipes to avoid condensation, does anyone know what may be causing this it is driving me mad!!!!!!

thanks

Participant

It might be on the drain, fill up sink and open drain and look to see if there is a leak. If house is under warranty call the Plumber to check it out.

Participant

You have some sort of leak, no question about it. The leak can be coming from only three places: 1) the drain pipes; 2) the supply pipes; and 3) from the faucets or sink surround from above the sink itself.

Put a stopper in the drain and run water into the sink. If it leaks, you have a leak from above. If there is no leak, turn of the faucets and let the water run through the drain. If it leaks then, you have a drain leak. If it leaks when the faucets are turned off and there is no water in the sink (i.e., if it leaks “all the time”), you have a leak in the supply fittings to the faucet.

As you can see, the diagnosis of plumbing problems is extremely logical.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This