Water heater & leaks

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water heater & leaks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #272711
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        Nearest State dealer in Greenville, SC. We bought a house with a State water heater and it is leaking water
        from the pressure relief valve. We replaced the old one and it is still leaking. We also put a pressure regulator on
        our incoming line set at 50 pounds. Please let us know if you can be of assistance. Thank you, Ted Steiner.

      • #286177
        Avatar phototom krochmal1

          Ted you need to install a expansion tank on your heater.Be sure to use one rated for domestic pressure and conditions.

        • #286178
          Avatar photoArt_xyz

            If you have a preasure regulator on your water service or a check valve in your service it may be necessary to install a line preasure expansion tank. You can check by installing a preasure guage on your water line on the house side of the regulator/check valve, run your hot water until the water cuts in, shut off ALL faucets, and recheck preasure when the W/H shuts off. If the preasure goes above 80lb. you should add an expansion tank.

        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This