Need a new toilet tank

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Need a new toilet tank

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have an old toilet tank that has a small crack in the bottom and leaks very slightly. The lid of the tank is marked F405485, T5, Sept 11, 1938. The toilet says “Standard” compact. I would like to get a new tank. My repairs inside the tank with marine glue have not worked. Does anyone know where I can purchase old tanks?

Thank you,

Val

Participant

I had a tank that was cracked on the bottom, I drained out water let it dry and mixed up egg white and plaster paris like a wet puddy and spread it over crack forcing it in and let dry. I lived there for 27 yrs. and sold the house and never leaked. Here is e-mail add. for old tanks.
          [email protected] Let me know if he has one.

Participant

Why would you want to keep such a toilet? It’s 65 years old! It’s probably a two-piece wash-down unit. It probably flushes real good because it dumps 5+ gallons down the drain per flush and is noisy as heck…Unless your crapper is a vintage work of art, I’d recommend installing a more efficient modern crapper. You can find modern units that look quite vintage but work more efficiently.

NtP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This