Replacing old galv. pressure tank

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Replacing old galv. pressure tank

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Avatar photoRetired plbg1.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I need to replace my old galvanized (no bladder) well pressure tank. I plan to replace it with a pre-charged tank. Is this a do-it-yourself job? Fortunately, it looks like the pipes are in the necessary configuration (feed from pump to a “T”, one end of “T” goes to current tank, the other end leads to the main supply line.

I have called a couple of pros to get estimates and to see if there is more to it than I am willing or capable of doing. I would like to save the money and do it myself, but the water supply is one of those “important” things my wife insists on having.

Is there much difference in tank brands? The local home depot sells an appropriate tank from Flotek. Is this bad because it wasn’t purchased from a pure plumbing supply store (as mentioned to me on a phone call with a local plumber…that I won’t be using).

Thanks in advance for replies.

Participant

Check the specs. on that tank and go to local Plbg. supplyhouse and check outbspecs. on there tank.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This